September 19, 2008

Introduction

This blog is dedicated to the scientific (and by scientific I mean speculative and catty) discussion of a growing trend among males: they are becoming girls. I don't mean becoming girls in the literal sense; they are not having sex change operations or cross-dressing (well maybe some are, but those are not the boys being referred to in this blog). The boys discussed here are becoming girls in their reactions to situations, their mannerisms, their grooming habits, their emotional outbursts... The list goes on. The behavioral change is such a growing phenomenon that I would like to put fourth a hypothesis: boys are the new girls.


I intend to flesh out my hypothesis with examples of the shift in future posts. It is possible that in the near future phrases like "He cried like a little GIRL when his football team lost" will be replaced with "He cried like a little BOY when his football team lost". I suggest that heterosexual males roughly between the ages of 21-40 exhibit the greatest displays of girly behavior. By girly, I mean little girl. As in the kind of behavior you would expect from girls ages 7-16.


I realize this kind of forward thinking may be shocking to some, but in the end I think we will all be wiser and better informed about this alarming trend.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When they pass up Chipotle in favor of sushi or Panera, they are girls. Also cooking for their friends (male) on a stove. The apron might as well just have a built-in bra.