September 19, 2008

Boys going to the spa.


Not the shady 24 hour "adult massage" spa, but the mani/pedi, facial,and tanning GIRL spa. I personally know a guy who had a facial. He shall remain nameless (after all this is research and subjects' true identities will not be exposed), but I can tell you he is straight, 29 years old, and was in the Army. THE ARMY!! Isn't the Army supposed to take boys and turn them into tough, rugged fighters? By all accounts the Army is not a place for girls. In fact, I think if you join the Army and you have a vagina they issue a strap-on to make you more manly (this is just hear-say, of course). So why would a boy who has had specific training on how to be the manliest of men get a facial? Was he worried about zits, wrinkles, and sunspots? Was his skin tone uneven? Maybe. I think my conclusion is much closer to the truth: boys are the new girls.

You may think this particular boy is an anomaly. You would be wrong. I know a few boys who have had mani/pedi's and I know even more boys who have visited tanning beds. Please do not make the mistake of thinking that I do not appreciate a man who is well groomed. Grooming is important and necessary. However, if a boy spends more time in a spa than I do and receives treatments that only the girliest of girls request, then that boy is a girl.

No comments: