December 29, 2009

Buh-bye decade

So it has come to the end of the year and more importantly the end of a decade. Wow. In 2008 I was much more prolific with my blog writing. Of course, in 2008 boys had not quite come to terms with the fact that they are the new girls. Maybe 2009 was the year of acceptance for boys=girls. Maybe the last ten years lead up to the 2009 climax of boys becoming girls? I'd like to think my blog created a real-world discussion about the subject, but anyway...
I've been reading lots of top 10 lists for the year. None have been particularly memorable to me. I was considering putting one together of my own, but I can only think of random things to put on my list. In fact, here is my list of 10 random things from the past year:
1. "Where the Wild Things Are" was turned into a movie that I didn't see.
2. Everyone was talking about Balloon Boy for like a week.
3. Some idiot tried to blow up a plane but only succeeded in making flying more of a pain in the ass for everyone else.
4. Lady Gaga was EVERYWHERE.
5. Tiger Woods was outed as an adulterous man-whore.
6. I bought a house.
7. Some guy came up with a horrific way to combine pie and cake and called it a Cherpumple.
8. Lots and lots of places went out of business including the Pita Pit across from my office. I loved that place!
9. Obama gave people money for buying cars and houses, which was awesome! I think it will come back to bite us though...
10. People pretty much stopped using the term "bromance".
There you have it. My completely random (and useless) list for the past year. I hope your year was better and more memorable than my list. As for the next 10 years, I'm hoping for more money, more peace, more fun and more men (as opposed to boys=girls)! Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments: