November 01, 2008

Boys listening to girl music


Some music is made for dancing, some for art, some for rocking out, some to make a statement, some for boys and some for girls. I'm sure there are girls who listen to boy music. Why anyone of any gender would listen to metal is beyond me, but you can't deny that metal is for boys. In the same line of thinking, you can't deny that the Cardigans, Spice Girls, Ani DiFranco and the like is girl music. So, if you are a boy listening to girl music does that make you a girl? On this blog, it sure does.

3 comments:

Eric Roy said...

no problemz like that herre...but, fugg, we gotta lotta others in line.

Anonymous said...

I agree that there is boy music and girl music, but I disagree with some of your examples. The Spice Girls and The Cardigans aren't girl music, they're absurd music . Therefore, they are fair game for anyone who loves the absurd (you're spot on with the Ani, though). I would classify girl music as anything in the Coldplay family of music - basically anything involving an overly sensitive male singer.

Chadwick said...

I don't know, Stewie. That's kind of an essentialist argument. (Hah!)